Sophia asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 years ago

How can I convince my mom to let me shave?

I'm 13 years old and my mom still hasn't let me shave. Since 6th grade girls have been shaving. My mom allows me to nair my legs and wax, but I grow hair back really fast nad I can't nair or wax everyday. I feel very insecure and I hate going to gym class because I have to wear shorts. Summer is soon and I want to convince her before spring ends. Any tips?

I would be open about how you feel and how much more convenient shaving might be, but I would honestly just recommend you keep waxing. Over time your hair will grow a lot more sparce. You can maybe try epilating as well. I started epilating my legs a couple months ago and my leg hair has become a lot more sparce, and you don’t have to wait for your leg hair to be super long to epilate again.

Just start shaving. That's what i did my mom didn't get mad she was just like Emily..lol all she did was say my name almost like she was saying well i was gonna show you how but my mom is and always has been a procrastinator so i just did it myself. Try doing that and see how your mom reacts.

Turn 18. That will convince her.

You should be allowed to shave. I started shaving at like 10-11, but my mom is very very strict. If I knew the reason you can’t shave it would be easier but since she’s letting you remove your body hair in some type of way there’s no reason why you can’t shave. Tell her shaving is easier, and even cheaper then using nair or waxing, which can irritate skin and be more pricey. I don’t suggest shaving behind her back unless you absolutely have to as I know if I wasn’t allowed to shave I’d get in a lot of trouble... just try to beg her.

just wax. u will need to wait till the hair grows long enough to do it. just make a joke with your friends about turning into a hairy gorilla before each wax.

shave what?

Don’t do it

I honestly just secretly used razors my mom had. Dont do what I did though. Just be honest and up front with her about how you feel. All you can do is try and see what she says once you are more open with her.

Another Einstein

"Do it behind her back , buy/steal shaving cream and razors and shave your legs, vagina, and arms"

One can not shave ones Vagina! Nor should a 13 year old need to shave.

Do it behind her back , buy/steal shaving cream and razors and shave your legs, vagina, and arms