Did Nick Foles get more money in Free Agency than you expected, or did he get less money than you expected?

Favorite Answer

Less than expected, but probably about right for what should have happened. 4 years, $88 million. So $22M a year. Alex Smith got $23M last year, and he's never won a super bowl. Kirk Cousins got a crazy rich contract far in excess of Foles.

This is the nature of the NFL. What you can earn depends an awful lot on WHEN you hit the market. Just a couple years ago the going rate for an average starter like Alex Smith or Nick Foles was 16-18 million. But we had a coupel years of extreme price inflation in the QB market. Cousins, Carr, Stafford, Luck, Rogers all got new deals, and it's the NEW DEALS that drive compensation, not the ones signed 4 years ago.

So given that Foles was a UFA and was the top QB on the market, I'm a bit surprised he couldn't get more. But $22M is probably pretty fair for what he's really shown himself to be worth. The Jags fans should be quite happy with this deal.

• David

THIRTY million? That's Aaron Rodgers type money.

• y

I thought he would end up with more and that would have been overpaying. I think were he ended up is about right for who he is at this time. Foles tried the starting gig before and lost it, I hope it works out better for him this time around.

• y

Supposedly, according to the talking heads, he has connections and the offense is similar. Both were supposedly important to him for taking the job.

• David

He got overpaid, just like I expected. He's not worth top six quarterback money.

• jakemcclake

The Record Holder has tied 4 NFL Records (but only with Phl). He also has the Eagles passing yardage record. If it is not just something peculiar when he plays in Philadelphia, I fully expect more NFL Records. But well

I am an Eagles fan so...