Why are people always cold to me? Why can’t I make any friends?

25 years old with no social life. I spend weekends alone and just moving to a different state doesn’t help. I have only 2 best friends that I talk to and hangout with when I can, but they both live in different states. I have no one else. I feel out of touch with my generation. I try to make friends but I always... show more 25 years old with no social life. I spend weekends alone and just moving to a different state doesn’t help. I have only 2 best friends that I talk to and hangout with when I can, but they both live in different states.

I have no one else. I feel out of touch with my generation. I try to make friends but I always get a cold shoulder. I will ask people questions about their life and say good morning and good night to them as a starting point for a relationship but people are just mean to me. They will talk to other people around me but give me no attention.

I find this generation superficial and stuck up and cocky. I am more of an introvert but that does not mean I’m anti social or hate people. I desire a social life. But it’s like there’s something wrong with me and I can’t get what I want. It doesn’t matter what I do or what new thing I try to do to make friends. It just doesn’t work. What’s your advice? I feel so alone