How to ferry my cat to stop opening the door??

My Cat is obsessed with going outside. He's always scratching at the doors and meowing to be let out, but it's dangerous because there's coyotes, hawks, and I've seen too many dead animals on the road. He's also gotten into a few fights with other cats outside. I put on his harness and Leah to... show more My Cat is obsessed with going outside. He's always scratching at the doors and meowing to be let out, but it's dangerous because there's coyotes, hawks, and I've seen too many dead animals on the road. He's also gotten into a few fights with other cats outside. I put on his harness and Leah to let him out but he hates the harness so he just ends up laying in one spot. He's figured out how to open the sliding glass door, but if we lock it, he can't. The other door has a long handle which is easy for him to jump and pull on to open it. We used to just lock it but somehow he figured out how to unlock it. The lock it one that you turn to unlock. The main problems are his safety, especially at night, and the door is being left open all night, letting out our other cat who is older and not as capable of protecting herself. Since it's getting warmer, I'm concerned about fleas because it was really really bad last year. I couldn't even sleep in my room. Also it's letting all the cold air in. He usually doesn't do it during the day but he does at night. I tried keeping him in my room at night but he meows VERY loudly. Constantly. It wakes up the entire house. I just don't know what to do.
3 answers 3