Am I wrong or justified in being upset? After saying at work that I did not want anything for Birthday and they do something anyway?

I said clearly i'm not into my birthday when discussing and I did not want anything for mine. I said I appreciate the thought but it is not my thing. Last year was just me supervisor & secretary & it was just a card & $10 Starbucks card, i didn't like but was ok. Now more people and birthday... show more I said clearly i'm not into my birthday when discussing and I did not want anything for mine. I said I appreciate the thought but it is not my thing. Last year was just me supervisor & secretary & it was just a card & $10 Starbucks card, i didn't like but was ok. Now more people and birthday thing out of control.
Supervisor seemed to understand.I took my birthday & a few days off spent time with wife & kids, they did a little something,like i like.
I go back to work;entire office i am assigned is decorated in a st Patrick's theme glitter,streamers,balloons, card board cake,shamrocks a card and gift. Needless to say i was pissed. desk was so full i would not have been able to work. I took everything down instantly put it all in a bag and shoved in a cabinet.
Secretary is the only one that gets it and didn't know.
Supervisor was at meeting & called to ask if i liked "surprise" I couldn't lie i tried not to be rude; said it wasn't necessary & that I am not into my birthday. She asked if i opened gift i said not yet & it wasn't necessary. She went on "we thought an early St Patrick's day theme would be nice & was 4 days after my birthday so was ok” I couldn't say anything;I saw it as controlling & disrespectful.
I also think this type of "celebration" is more a female thing. I've worked with men they may offer to buy a beer after work or lunch. i am the only man in an office with 5 women, i'm nice & can work with them but I am still a man & they are not my friends. Thoughts?