Should i get another dog for my 18 week old german shepherd to play with while im away at the police academy all day?

My dog is 18 weeks old, very nice and loving, but like all dogs he hates being alone. I dont mind leaving at home for an hour or two a day while i errands, but when i start going to the police academy in about a month and a half, i hate the idea of him being alone all day with the only socialization he gets to be... show more My dog is 18 weeks old, very nice and loving, but like all dogs he hates being alone. I dont mind leaving at home for an hour or two a day while i errands, but when i start going to the police academy in about a month and a half, i hate the idea of him being alone all day with the only socialization he gets to be the 2 times a day he’ll see the dog walker until i get home in the evening. So if anybody has any opinions on if i should get another dog so that the can play together until i can get home and take them to the dog park that would be very helpful! I want to get another dog, maybe a golden retriever, so that my dogs will have playmates until i get home at night, but im not sure if i want to take on the responsibility of two dogs.