Anonymous

Is Latino a race?

Some people (more so dumb Americans) treat as if its race. I don’t personally consider it one as I know a few blacks who are latino as well whites.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Peach
    Lv 5
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No it’s a cultural group.Remember people from Mexico all the way down to Argentina are considered Latinos.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 12 months ago

Give it twenty years and we will all be the same color creed and ethnic culture.

• Zirp
      Lv 7
      12 months agoReport

Same creed is unlikely. Ethnic culture only if we go full-americanised. Same colour? No, that's not how genetics work

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Lol, this dumb American knows the defacto US motto is written in "lingua latina" using a latino alphabet. In fact, confederate south's motto was too ... but then again, I also now how to translate Latin inflections correctly.

Latins have nothing to do with Afros or Indios.

Latina is still located in Italy. The Latins are the people who built the city of Rome, the same Romans who conquered most of Europe. It was the people from Hispania who colonized the Americas, not the Latins.

Of course if you understood the original Roman Latini ideology, you'd understand why Latins are a different race. But that mythology has nothing to do with race by skin color anyway.

All of this makes me wonder, why do think they can be anything other than white?

• Mark
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

No there are no races among us

Human beings we are all Humans & share

majority of our DNA with each other.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

no

• tentofield
      Lv 7
      12 months agoReport

Latino refers to language origins and says nothing about ancestry or skin colour. It is not a race. There are, in fact, no biological races in humans. "Race" is entirely a sociological construct which is why nearly every country in the world has stopped classifying their people by race.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.