2007 Chevy cobalt electric issue?

I have a 07 cobalt and 2 days ago it started acting funny. The check engine light came on about the power steering and I started the car and looked under the hood and could smell something burning from the engine fuse box so I shut the car off and it kept running while trying to continuously start itself. So I had... show more I have a 07 cobalt and 2 days ago it started acting funny. The check engine light came on about the power steering and I started the car and looked under the hood and could smell something burning from the engine fuse box so I shut the car off and it kept running while trying to continuously start itself. So I had to undo the battery in the trunk to make it stop. And when I reconnected it, it tries to start again. So i left it unplugged

After looking into the fuse box I noticed the crank relay was burned on one of its posts and the car acts fine without the relay in place however as soon as I stick it in the car tries to start by itself.

I checked on it today and I get no check engine light and I reinserted the crank relay and the car doesn't attempt to start. And when i do start it I smell burning smells again and when i cut the car off it turned off normally. What is causing this burn smell?

Right now the relay is removed and battery disconnected and that's how its gonna stay to avoid anymore damage any help would be appreciated! Thanks

((Some water did get under the hood the following day so yes it has something to do with that I just dont know what))