I'm a 16 yo who's interested in computer science. Where do I start?

I know most kids who are on the road to doing something with IT are already coding by 10 or younger. I barely know anything yet. I have no idea where or how to start. Are there any free apps I can download that will help me learn to code? Or any books that the libraries might have? Thanks.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Start from a good level.

• 9 months ago

start at o level that is when you finish that ,you can apply for university

• 9 months ago

java, javascript, note++, html, Visual Basics. Most of the coding is learned in college, but you can start by buidling a website to learn the components and concepts of coding.

• don r
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Make an appointment with your counselor. You could discuss with the reference librarian how to find good lessons.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chris
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes, give codecademy a try.

Here's a free beginner course for Python: https://www.codecademy.com/catalog/language/python

(no downloads/installs required)

• Dave
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

take a look at Code Academy. It's free online courses. They are awesome. Start small, Javascript etc.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

All resources are online nowadays. Just look up "getting started with computer science" and you'll find stuff on google. Oh, btw, Google is your best friend as a programmer, get used to using it!

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

do your research. there are so many avenues you can pursue in computers; engineering, coding, security. Security is very hot right now. see which languages they are coding in, XML, Java etc.

• 9 months ago

You can look up basic coding videos on YouTube. And you can get basic computer stuff For Dummies on Amazon.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.