promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 year ago

Is it possible to just not be compatible with a parent?

My dad NEVER listens to me, I never feel heard. The only time we get along is when I have to make myself smaller, quieter, and just agree with everything he says. I'm a girl, and he doesn't make me feel like a young lady. I feel like an object/thing to him. He tries to be funny once in a awhile and it comes out very bad, awkward, and controlling. Last week I was making food, he didn't bother asking me what I'm making just tries to be "funny" and tells me to add balogna but says it in a demanding way and walks away fast.

I'm getting frustrated thinking and knowing I don't have a good bond with him, and never will. He doesn't try at all to take an interest in my life, my abilities, skills, value. He never has anything positive to say about my life or even his own. I don't bother asking him about work or his life because it's always negative.. Zero parental morals/guidance.. So it possible that some people just aren't compatible with their parent(s)?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it's possible, but in this case it sounds more like the bad combination of an adolescent struggling with a non-communicative, distant, controlling father. It's a rather commonplace occurrence.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

How old are you? Where is your mom? What kind of work does he do?

• 1 year ago

i think thats possible, and if youre lucky enough to be over 18 nnove out

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Update: You don't have to be super-dad to do the right thing! He also allowed my brother to abuse me, he has lied a lot to make himself look better while I receive verbal abuse from other family members, and for THAT I find him REPULSIVE

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

I don't think so. It's not normal.

It sounds like your father has problems. I don't think anyone would be compatible with him.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Can you get your own place?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.