Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 11 months ago

When will the amazingly stupid atheists here on R&S ever learn to read dictionaries **PLURAL**?

Dumb, uneducated R&S atheists totally INSIST that atheism is only 1 narrow thing, a "non belief in gods", and that it's nothing else whatsoever.

However, the top 50 English dictionary publications in the world define atheism in many DIFFERENT ways compared to each other. Clearly, in modern times atheism is a complex sway of differences under the one heading.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because atheists are just dumb as can be.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities. The word comes from ancient Greek ἄθεος (atheos), meaning "without god(s)". Check out the etymology.

• 11 months ago

I don't believe in gods and pixies.

I'm really sorry this annoys you so much

That you need to build pointless strawmen

Just to keep from having us ask y'all to

Produce your god

What is the hold up

Surely two thousand years is long enough.

~

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Did you have a question?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

You seem very confused. I’m flattered that you’re so obsessed with Atheists that you’re willing to read several dictionaries to uncover the enigma of Atheism, but you shoulld really talk to a counselor and maybe between the two of you, you all can work it out.

• Doc
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

Irrelevant. I'm an Atheist, I don't believe in god or gods. I don't follow any religion. That is the only definition I need. I see no reason to call it anything else. Why would anyone else need to ?

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

That's correct, but you're just showing that atheists are humans. Humans have difference. Therefore, as you say "atheism is a complex sway of differences under the one heading" just like "theism is a complex sway of differences under the one heading".

Not all humans recognize those 2 things, be they atheists or theists. No need to call people "stupid" though.

• 11 months ago

I’m not an atheist but I care about the English language. So can you list the top 5 dictionaries and how they define atheism differently? Thanks...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.