How to deal with this?!?

Im on a vacation with my in laws, I told my mom in law that if she need any help she can tell me. Today is a party I didnt even knew about. Everyone said oh where you at? missed you with the cooking etc. Like I do not care about helping. Like wtf is this bsssss I am soooo pissed.

• 1 year ago

never vacation with in laws

• D C
    1 year ago

Oh dang, they didn't invite you to the party on vacation? Id set myself up with some really cool side excursion...

• 1 year ago

Where was your husband? He's not a good one if he didn't say anything.

• 1 year ago

That won’t help. Being pissed does nothing to her. As a matter of fact, she may enjoy your being made. Then again she may just want to show you whose is boss. Not to worry. You see every stick has two ends. She gave you one end. Now you can return that stick subtly. Or not. Since I know you so well, well you are gonna act shitty too. Now this works better if you have an excellent attitude. Smile but lift a finger to do nothing. Make sure you disappear when house cleaning comes around. Not even to put your own plate in the dish washer. Let it sit. No no laundry, don’t make up your bed and don’t purchase anything for the house. In short you are an uncooperative beach. But smile. Pay her comments no mind.

If course it’s not gonna last long. sooner or later you will be called to task. When that happens respond with. You excluded me and ignored my off to help, and neglected to inform me of the party. So I did not want to offend you. I remained in the back ground

Good luck

Next time

• lady1 year agoReport

Okay I will try

• 1 year ago

I can see being hurt, but soooo pissed? Are you certain? Many of us go to anger instead of the dozens of other emotional experiences and choices available. Sounds like you would have helped set up and participate if you'd known about it. But weren't informed. Did your MIL give you trouble about it? Or did she not mention it to you ON PURPOSE because you weren't invited to this holiday to be a servant? Maybe she didn't ask you to help because she wanted you to have a chance to play instead. With her son. No matter what "everyone" else said.... it's possible your MIL was thinking that you and your husband might want some time that wasn't about them. I'd go with that. In fact, I'd go with that every chance I got. No one is wishing you harm. No one is trying to do you harm. You are on holiday with your husband. Do that. Help when you want to. Don't when you don't. Just don't let yourself think you were invited to be the dishwasher. You were invited to join a holiday and be family. Not maid.