Should I break up with my girlfriend?

I've been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years. She's someone I love and I always enjoyed being with her. However, throughout the time I was never sure if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. My family even had their reservations about her as well. Two weeks ago, I found some disturbing texts on her... show more I've been with my girlfriend for 3.5 years. She's someone I love and I always enjoyed being with her. However, throughout the time I was never sure if I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. My family even had their reservations about her as well.

Two weeks ago, I found some disturbing texts on her phone from two other guys. One of them was someone from her job who was acting like her boyfriend and the other one was just sexual. I ghosted her for a week because I was devastated that someone that I thought I trusted lied to me for months.

A few days ago, I met with her and she explained what happened. She told me, she never did anything physical with any of the guys. She also described to me that she was in debt and that she couldn't pay off anything, and that's where one of the guys comes in. Apparently, he said he would help her out with financials if she could send him some text messages acting like his girlfriend, so he could reflect them back to his ex to make her jealous. I found this weird and unsettling.

The other guy apparently has a girlfriend and is a serial cheater. My girlfriend explained to me that this guys girlfriend approached her and asked her to play along with him so he can be caught.

My family and friends all think I should dump her. But I'm still hesitant because part of me wants to believe her. I still care for her, but it's hard when everyone on your side wants you to kick her to the curb.

Would welcome all opinions.