Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 8 months ago

Do you think The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith would've been remembered so fondly without Bret Hart, Dynamite Kidd, Owen Hart or HBK?

Ever take notice that Davey Boy Smith's best work is when he has a superior opponent or partner?

What if The British Bulldog didn't have Bret Hart, Dynamite Kidd, Owen Hart or Shawn Michaels to face or partner up with.

Would The People still beg for his WWE Hall of Fame introduction, or would he be considered overrated.

Best Answer

I honestly can’t think of a memorable Bulldog match that didn’t feature Bret Hart, Dynamite Kid, Owen Hart, or HBK.

Without the Hart connection, Davey wouldn't have been anything other than a Ryback type generic big Muscle guy

• Candle

I'm kind of with JCP on this one. It's inconceivable to picture what Smith would be without the influence of the Hart family and Dynamite Kid. They were always intertwined. To try and imagine him without them in his life is kind of impossible. He'd be an entirely different wrestler.

• Since his ties to Dynamite Kidd go all the way back to even before he was a Professional Wrestler and his ties to Bret Hart go back to his early days in Stampede Wrestling? I would have to say no. So much of his career is intertwined with The Hart Family you still see that with his Wife and Son.

Well, his best matches were with those guys. He could have a good to great match, but with guys that are more talented than him. I don't think British Bulldog was as talented as the names you mentioned. I don't mean to disrespect him, I'm just calling it as I see it.

Don't think so.

I think he still might have been but the Hart family definitely boosted his image.

I really hated when you're right.

The British Bullpuppy wouldn't even be a after thought.