Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 9 months ago

True or False? Overthinking is bad for you?

Overthinking is the one of the causes of triggering anxiety so its bad to overthink.

• tony
    Favorite Answer

true,,stress and brings on anxiety.. that’s just another way to escape reality, obsessive focus on one specific idea or issue. You keep reviewing it, questioning your motives, and turning it over in your mind, until it practically drives you crazy. We've all lost sleep this way at one time or another. you achieve nothing and end up piling on worry and stress in a vicious circle. It may even trigger a cycle of depression and certainly doesn't solve your original problem.

Yes it certainly can be

True, paralysis by analysis is never good.

true

• steve

True. It brings you nothing but doubt and stress.

As some one who does this often i agree! But when you have anxiety issues along with stressfull situation how do you not overthink things around you. You have to be ready you cant wait for the anvil to hit you on the head in the old looney tunes road runner cartoon.

Agree. I usually try to only focus on a few long term goals and what I'm trying to accomplish during the day.

Depends. If your thinking serves a purpose.

The word 'overthinking ' itself does imply excess.

• Jason

Without a doubt, it has made situations so much more difficult, all because I have thought through different outcomes beforehand. Can really hold you back, I wish I never had that fault.

• Kathy

Yes it is