My brother is getting me TWO Samsung 970 EVO 250GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD for my gaming PC. I never used SSD chips before, where do both go?

Best Answer

Reverse searching the image shows the motherboard Z370 AORUS Gaming 7.

It says it has 3 M.2 slots. There is one under the CPU which looks like it has a Heat sink that you remove and then put the M.2 drive under it and screw it into position (they do run really hot, i'd suggest putting the one that will be used the most under there).

There are 2 between the PCI-E slots, you screw the drive into the slot there also.

If you search for the motherboard online, you can find the manufacturers page, in the support section you can find the manual which will show you what you need to do.

• answerer

I would highly recommend checking out my post as well since you'll be bottlenecking the M.2 drives due to Z370 chipset specifications.

You typically put those in a raid 0 and overclock them

In those two little white ports between the PCI-E slots. You can see one already installed below the processor in the picture.