Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

Hoda Muthana, the girl who ran away to join ISIS, wants her citizenship back. What do we say, guys?

Favorite Answer

Only if she is entitled to it. It seems to hinge on whether her father was still a diplomat when she was born, in which case she was never a citizen under US citizenship law, or if he was retired in which case she has citizenship which cannot legally be removed as it would render her stateless. Unlike the British jihadi bride, Muthana was actively encouraging terrorism and will spend a long time in prison if she does return.

If she comes back she should have to go straight to jail and be rehabilitated.

Give it to her and then execute her for high treason.

Don’t think you can give it up in the first place?

I'm torn on this. On one hand, I have to believe she might have some valuable intel on ISIS if we let her back into the country. On the other hand, I would want her to spend many years (if not her whole life) behind bars, which would just cost the taxpayer money.

• wobafetty

Eh idk.. The point of woman over there is that they know nothing and stay quiet. Theyre terrorists but still follow many middle eastern customs. She wouldnt have much to tell our government. She was a baby maker to them. This is all she was.

She's a traitor and/or a terrorist. Either one merits execution. I say shoot the b itch in the face and be done with it.

• yodi

let he who be without sin cast the first stone.

If she is a natural born citizen the only way for her to have lost her citizenship is formally renouncing it to a representative of the State Department. If she is a citizen she must be allowed back in and should be immediately arrested and put on trial. If she is not a citizen she should not be allowed into the US or its territories.

UPDATE. I just saw the governments case on her not being a citizen. If the courts agree with the US government position (and I think they should and will) she should not be allowed into the US.

• marsel_duchamp

Giving up the rule of law would be worse for our country than anything she has done.

Sure, we've got a bunch of jihadis in Gitmo just waiting for a sweet lil peach like that to show up.

Has anyone shaved her arms yet? Should we light her on fire or drowned her?