Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 11 months ago

How much should I sell my gaming pc for?

I have a gaming pc, it's a few years old and I don't use it very often. The newest addition to the pc is the graphics card and SSD. I want to sell it because I don't use it and don't want it to go to waste. The specs are

Gigabyte 970a-ds3p Revision 2 motherboard

AMD FX 8320 CPU 4Ghz

8GB DDR 3 single channel 1600Mhz

120GB Kingston SSD

Gigabyte AMD Radeon RC 580 8GB GDDR5

1TB WD blue hard drive.

850W PSU not modular

I know it's not the best specs compared to today's standard, but it's still very capable. I want to get the most money I can for it, but don't want want to rip anyone off. What do you think I should sell it for?

Favorite Answer

It's worth $300 at the minimum. I think it's possible to get $400 out of it but that depends on if you luck out and find a buyer who's sold on the FX-8320. You could ask $400 for the system and then entertain offers.

The FX-8320 isn't terrible for gaming and in games that use a lot of threads it does well enough to get you a decent framerate. Fortnite and many other games would actually do quite well with this system.

If you add up the value of the parts which 'answerer' laid out, it does come to around $300 but that depends on the Windows 10 product key and if you can find a cheap case. If I am patient and shop craigslist, I might find someone who's selling those parts or comparable parts for cheaper. $300 is a typical price for a used gaming PC with parts like that. In the end, it might be hard to sell the system for 300. What you get for it depends on your local economy.

On my local craigslist there are 2 fully built PC's with an FX 8320.

The one with a GTX 970, 8gb of RAM, 500w power supply, 1tb HDD is going for $400.

The 2nd PC with a GTX 760, 8gb of RAM, Asus 970 motherboard going for $260.

• Átomo

300-400 U$Dollar +/-

AMD FX-8350 (better version of your CPU can be found new for ~$60 and used for around $30.

970 AM3 Motherboards used are about $50-70

8GB DDR3 RAM used is about $20

120GB SSD new is $20 so used is about $10

RX 580 used is around $140-150

1TB HDD new is abourd $40-45, used is around $20-30

850W semi-modular Corsair PSU used is around $50

all prices used were found on eBay, new were found on Newegg.

Total PC Price would be about $300. But 1/2 of that is basically due to the RX 580, so it would be somewhat hard to find a buyer looking for a PC with such a big CPU bottleneck.

Might be easier to list the PC without GPU for like $150-200 and sell the GPU separately.

about the price of a new RX 580 card would be top end. Really -- that's about the only modern thing in it ....