Tips for figure skating competitions (how to prepare, how to calm nerves ect)?

Hi so i’m camden and i’m 17. i had a vERY late start to skating, i only started in may of 2018 so it hasn’t even been a whole year yet. i am doing pretty good though all things considered. I’m going to an intensive skating camp over the summer in Prague and after my next competition (which is this saturday) we’re going to move me up from alpha to freestyle 1 (know that’s 3 levels but i know i can do it). aNyWaYs, my very first competition is this saturday and i am so so nervous. not entirely about how well i’m going to do, that is, because i know where i’m at and i know that i’m good for my level of experience. but mainly i’m just so nervous about what everyone else will think since i’m not as high of a level as everyone else my age. when i’m on the ice doingy routine, i am going to be the spotlight, the center of attention at the competition for that minute and a half, they’re going to see everything i do, see my poor but improving technique and aGh i’m just super nervous thanks in advance for any help

• DIEGO.

i like winter sports!

Don’t worry about what others think and just have fun doing your own thing! :)

Source(s): I’m also a late starter skater

What competition are you doing? You sound pretty confident as it is so I don’t think you need a lot of talk from us. Just go and have fun

talk to Chinito slaps