How to let my friend go, for a while, and explain why?

Basically: I'm happily engaged. I've been engaged for about a month now. I have this friend who I've known longer than my fiance and I've been in love with him for almost 2 years, but I also truly love my fiance. He's been my rock through the hardest of times (my mom passed away 4 months ago).... show more Basically: I'm happily engaged. I've been engaged for about a month now. I have this friend who I've known longer than my fiance and I've been in love with him for almost 2 years, but I also truly love my fiance. He's been my rock through the hardest of times (my mom passed away 4 months ago). My fiance is starting to suspect I have feelings for my friend and although he and I aren't really close, there's no denying that we flirt and that there's a bond between us. I keep worrying that my friendship with my friend is going to negatively affect my relationship with my husband-to-be if I continue having these feelings for him. How do I let my friend go, temporarily, while explaining to him WHY I am letting him go? How do I do it without making himself or his wife uncomfortable? Do you think he'd even tell his wife if he knew I had feelings for him?
Update: We have never been involved sexually or romantically. We are both Christians and he is more religious than I and he has strong morals. There's no doubt there has been sexual tension between us and we're both attracted to each other, but have never gone further than that. Wouldn't he find my fiance to be... show more We have never been involved sexually or romantically. We are both Christians and he is more religious than I and he has strong morals. There's no doubt there has been sexual tension between us and we're both attracted to each other, but have never gone further than that. Wouldn't he find my fiance to be controlling if I said my fiance wants us to cool our friendship for a bit?