Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 10 months ago

How can I get my husband to give up his precious pickup truck for a nice electric car?

Update:

Charles is truly full of ****.

Update 2:

Oh, watch out people “Charles” is so successful, made lots of money last year, and owns his own company LOL. Sorry, but that does not excuse you from being full of **** and no one really cares how successful you might be.

Update 3:

And I’m kidding I’m not even married lol. Umm but if I was and he drove one (hopefully not) I would not make him give it up. But if he was to like the truck more than me, WE WOULD HAVE A PROBLEM LOL.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You go ahead and buy yourself a nice electric car. No one is stopping you, are they??

Your husband is an adult and can choose whatever vehicle he so desires to drive. Pick up trucks are very handy and are great for hauling things to the dump.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

should have married someone you were more compatible

Charles is right

but we just traded in our hybrid ,, it was 15 years old and the battery was not as good as it was

so he exaggerated but still the premise is correct

the battery started at 35 MPG but was down to 23 MPG with age

the new full size SUV we got much nicer and get 26 MPG not a hybrid

I suggest a nice divorce if your so offended by his old friend the pickup

it will only get worse

• 10 months ago

Don't try. He gets to keep his truck. Find a better hill to die on than getting him to buy an electric car. If you like them so much, use your money to buy one.

• Tara
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You probably can't.

He probably knows what he wants (which is his pickup truck) … and .. knows what he doesn't want (an electric car).

Respect what he wants.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

He'd probably rather give YOU up. Forget it.

• 10 months ago

Let him keep his truck and make him buy you the electric vehicle!

• 10 months ago

Easier to find a new husband

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Good Luck with that ..................................Ha Ha Ha !!!!

• 10 months ago

The fact that you refer to it as 'his precious pickup truck' tells ME that YOU would better off not 'going there'. Let him have his truck. Find some other way to get 'your precious electric car'.

• 10 months ago

Take out the electric motor and drop in a V8

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.