In 2013, our A-Level chemistry teacher told us that PhDs are handed out too easily, was he right?

This teacher had a PhD from the University of Birmingham.

Favorite Answer

No. There's NOTHING easy about getting either a master's or Ph.D. or doctoral degree in ANYTHING these days. This is what I call relatively new Ph. D. arrogance. They think they know everything about one very small area of knowledge.

I had a relativelybnew Ph.D. insult me in a live online chat session. I did not say anything in the live chat session, but I phoned my student adviser and complained, and I gave him a piece of my mind. That was extremely UNprofessional behavior, rude, insulting behavior. I am 12 to 15 years older than he is. That was fear of someone who was in college longer than he had been. I don't hsve a Ph.D. That was partially MY choice. I suspect he got a lecture from the dean that you do not treat mature students that way. Especially when the mature student has three bachelors and almost 3 masters AND has a serious chronic medical condition.

• CarolOklaNola

Thank you! You have restored my sense of humor

• ?

When did your teacher achieve his?

• drip

In the USA and my son in law just got his doctorate in chemistry. He is finishing his dissertation right now.

There was nothing easy about it