Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWater Sports · 9 months ago

Are these rules to naming kids relevant?

Please follow the community guidelines to naming children:

1: you can only give your son a strong male name.

2: don’t worry about what names girls have to have. Girls can have masculine or feminine names because they rule!

3: give your daughter a ultra feminine middle name if you want to give her a masculine first name.

4: don’t use any names after controversial pop culture or any derogatory or bad things!

5: Do good!!!!

If these rules are ridiculous, then please tell me why you can’t use feminine names on boys?

Tavy, I don’t know! I also don’t know why you can’t use the name Esther for a boy.

• John R
    Best Answer

Have you ever heard of Vivien Thomas? HE was a pioneer in cardiac surgery, None of the "rules" you mention are rules, just conventions.

• No, your rules are NOT relevant and there are most likely no rules for naming children. You can name your children whatever you want. It’s all the matter of taste/preference. I like masculine names for boys, feminine names for girls, but I also love boyish/unisex names for both genders. There’s many unique/strange/original names I adore but I would never give a child a name that would definitely cause him/her complete embarrassment and torture.

Feminine names on boys? Like I said you can name your children whatever you want, but I think that would be the entire freedom for females when it comes to acceptance, unless people learn to tolerate males with girly names! I personally don’t like the idea of a girl’s name on a boy, but to each their own.

• Toruko

Only if you're good with being told what to do. Morons don't object.

• Lita

Your rules are not and never will be relevant to naming children.

Name your kid whatever you want. Just keep in mind how the name will affect them. (IE: It's probably not a good idea to name your kid Adolf)

You made up these rules so they are irrelevant to everyone else.

Oh good the give your daughter a feminine middle name nut is back

• Tavy

Who made up these rules?