Do Transgender and Transsexual people get cramps and go through menstrual?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Pre-HRT trans men do.

Some trans women report having period like symptoms monthly. Personally the only time I've ever had anything like that is if my hormone levels drop unexpectedly (very rare) and I have get some PMS-like symptoms. When it happens I get irritable, can snap at people and my normal happy go lucky self seems to disappear; not good.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)
  • 9 months ago

While I can't say what someone else feels I don't see how. As a fully intact biological female, I have all of my organs and one of the organs, which is the source of the cramping and bleeding, is the uterus. Between the contractions (causing the cramping) and the shedding of the lining (the bleeding), trans women don't have this organ (as they are born males), therefore, there is no uterus to cause this. If they are experiencing these symptoms, is it possible they are phantom in nature. Almost similar to a phantom pregnancy, when a woman wants a baby so badly, she experiences all the signs and symptoms of pregnancy, including the uterine swelling, but the baby is missing.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

No, because they are not genetic amd normally developed females and have no overies or reproductive organs.

• 10 months ago

No. Nothing there to cramp or bleed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.