Norman asked in SportsRunning · 9 months ago

When I run, I get tired really easily and my legs start to hurt really bad. I feel like puking and my vision gets blurry. Anyone know why?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

train in temple of jedi you must

acquire fit you will

• 9 months ago

As others say, you are not fit. I had the same symptoms in my first week of Army Basic Training. I did puke. I was a better runner after 8 weeks of Basic. In Advanced Training (also 8 weeks), I had a Drill Sergeant who loved to run LSD (long slow distance). He would take us out, make a U-turn, and return to the barracks. About half the recruits would walk back to the barracks. It was painful, but I thought the DI knew what he was doing and I certainly needed the pain experience. I always ran the entire distance. Next came Jump School. This is two weeks of running, with the 12th day being LSD and you either made that run or flunked out. I can't describe how tough that run was for someone who was puking about 5 months earlier. What helped me were two SEALs who got on both sides of me, without any touching, and just kept encouraging. My point is that you can go from couch potato to Airborne in less than 6 months if you try.

• Mr. Mann9 months agoReport

Inspiring post and thank you sir for serving our country!

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

This is just lactic acid. When you run fast for a short period and do that repedialty or run a long distance your legs produce lactic acid and that fills up the body and makes you feel sick. When lactate acid appears and you kept training it helps to low you laxative acid so that you can go faster without getting lactate acid as quick. So keep training and you will get fitter and fast. And running helps lower you heart rate and refuses risk of heart problems. When you begin to feel faint it's just because you over trained so take a break and if you have more left finish it off but back off the speed and have extra break

• 9 months ago

starting too fast, also you may be very unfit. Look at your habits, do you smoke, drink much or over weight

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Start easy work your way up, start by speed walking if you can

• 9 months ago

slow down your running pace to a jog

• 9 months ago

I've had that happen too. My blood pressure & flow were to blame along with low lung functioning.

I needed more training, I think you need more conditioning too.

However, if it persists get checked by a medical professional! I had to go onto HBP meds!!!

Lv 7
    9 months ago

Sounds like you are pushing yourself beyond your current limits. Back off. Run slower and/or run a shorter duration, and even take walk breaks. Continuing as you describe is just setting you up for injury.

It would be helpful if you gave us an idea of your general level of fitness, how long you've been running, how far or the duration your runs usually are, and what your pace is (if you know).

Take it easy. Post again and share more info, and definitely take some walk breaks until you're conditioned enough to run continuously. I find my run times are better when I use the run/walk method than when I run the entire distance I have planned.

• just take it slow

• 9 months ago

You're not fit enough to be running. Relax, put your feet up, crack open a cold beer or dozen, order in a pizza and binge watch something on Netflix

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.