Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 2 years ago

How to play poker or more precisely Poker: Texas Hold'em?

I'm from Poland i was never good in card game, only think i good in cards is solitaire :-)

I have Asperger

I remember when i was kid i once was in summer camp for kids for kids with Asperger or Autism, my parents ware not too rich i think my family could be count as lower middle class in British or American Standard, my parents send my too that camp every year because it was free of charge.

I remember how the older kids turned me into poker games, in which I lost half of the monthly pocket money that I got from my parents to the camp.

Older kids then turned me in to "American Poker" also called "Texas Poker, only many years later I found out that this game is called Texas Hold'em xD

I have never said this to my parents :-)

My mom and dad taught me my brother the game of so-called dice poker, of course it was a game for fun and not for money, my mom said that only idiots play for money, besides gambling in my country outside of casinos is legally banned.

My dad preferred chess and checkers He played a lot in chess with my uncle :-)

The only card game my dad played was card game called "oczko" 'eye" not for money of course, casino version of that game is called blackjack :-) and to win you need to have no more than 21 points

While my grandpa loved to play Bridge with his friends, that game is black magic for me at all.

But i wonder how to play texas holdem how just for fun not for money of course at least for now ;-)

I downloaded Texas Holdem for Steam for free?

Favorite Answer

Lucky for you, Texas Hold 'em is probably one of the easier types of poker.

So to start, you need to know the order of the value of each hand so you know what to look for.

The higher the hand, the greater chance you have at winning. The cards ranked in order from lowest value to highest: 2-10, jack, queen, king, ace.

The ranking of the hands from lowest to highest is:

1.) High card

2.) Pair/two of a kind

3.) Two pair

4.) Three of a kind

5.) Straight

6.) Flush

7.) Full house

8.) 4 of a kind

9.) Straight flush

10.) Royal flush

Now to explain each:

The high card - So, as an example, if you have a king in your hand as the highest card and your opponent only has an 8, then you would win.

Two of a kind, or a pair - This is when you have two cards with the same number. This beats any pairs with smaller number and any high cards.

Two pairs - This is when you 2 cards of one number and 2 cards of a different number. This beats any two pairs with lower numbers, any pairs, and any high card.

Three of a kind - When you have 3 cards with the same number. This beats any 3 of a kind with lower number and all previous hands.

Straight - When you have 5 cards, no matter the suit, that go in order. Example: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. This beats any straight that contains smaller numbers and all previous hands.

Flush - When you any 5 cards with the same suit, whether it's 5 spades or 5 hearts. The number doesn't matter, only the suit. If someone else also has a flush, the winner is the one who has the highest card in the flush. the also beats all previous hands.

Full House - When you have a pair of one number and a 3 of a kind for another number. So, if you have two 7's and three 9's, that would be an example of a full house. The full house with the highest 3 of a kind beats other full houses. It beats all previous hands.

Four of a kind - When you have all 4 cards of the same number. This beats any 4 of a kind with lower numbers and all previous hands.

Straight flush - When you have 5 cards in order of the same suit. As an example, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 of diamonds is a straight flush. This beats any straight flush with lower number and all other hands.

Royal Flush - This is basically a straight flush except that it only consists of the 10, jack, queen, king, and ace of the same suit. In other words, it's another name for the highest straight flush.

Now for the game of Texas Hold 'em:

All players are dealt 2 cards. they make their bets based on if they think their cards can be a part of any of the previous hands. If someone thinks that will not win, they can fold their cards which withdraws then from winning the hand and they can't play or make bets until the next deal. After the bets are made, the dealer lays 3 cards face up on the table. This is when all players can try to match their hand up with the cards of the table to form any of the previous hands, then all players make bets. Then the dealer places a fourth card on the table. The players make bets. Finally, the dealers lays a fifth and final card on the table. After all bets have been made, the players reveal their cards, and whoever has the highest hand wins the hand and all money bet. The game ends when one person has all the money.

There are books on Texas Hold-em, in English, but I don't know if there are any in your home language.