Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 10 months ago

My Dad does not love me. He loves my sibs but not me. No idea why. How do I get over the rejection I always have felt?

For example whenever he went on an Alaskan cruise last summer he had all my siblings but me. When he would take everyone to Disney World when we were little he would say he does not have room for me so to stay with my grandma. Most he has done for me is let me have a birthday party once and then he took my siblings to a NY Giants game while my Mom and grandparents watched over the party. I never have been asked to a ball game other then the two my Mom has made him take me to and that was just awkward. My mother argues with him all the time about it and now I just feel unlovable since I am not a kid anymore. Aged 22 and unlovable in Dad's eyes. How do I get over this rejection?

Only reason I can come up with was my siblings were straight A students and great at everything, I have learning disabilities and very few friends and something called ADHD where social skills are hard.

I am a 22 year old and male.

Favorite Answer

One thing you didn't mention is whether you've ever talked to him about this. Now that you're 22, this would be a man-to-man type convo, not a kid whining or complaining.

Also, the thought occurred to me you aren't his child. Have you talked to your mom about this? It doesn't help you in the slightest that she doesn't approve of the way he treats you. What might help is knowing WHY. So if you talk to your mom, you need to make it clear that she owes you the truth on this. (She does). If she denies it but you aren't convinced, find a way to get his DNA (google this, because you can use hair or swabbings from his toothbrush), get some of yours, and send it for testing. This will take a bit of research, but you'll get your answer.

Dude I think there are some misunderstandings between you two. Your parents will always love you. But I think you should have some space for your own. Have your own time. Have fun with your friends and you'll feel better

• I care

Have a good talk to both dad and mom about how you feel.....hopefully they will resolve this and you will feel part of this family......Also making sure you are on correct medication so you can do the best you can on school subjects.

Best of wishes to you.

nnaybe you should talk to hinn about it and tell hinn how you feel

• Mark

Perhaps it's because you're whiny. (I can even detect this from your "story".)

• D C

You are not his, your mom cheated. Do a DNA test

sounds like a persona problem to me