Can twins be half siblings?

So, I’ve heard of a thing where men, mainly gay couples, swirl their specimen and impregnate a surrogate so they won’t know which one is the father. Is it possible if there’s two eggs in the womb, could two men’s sperm impregnate each and have fraternal twins? Or would their immune system attack each other?

• LizB
    Best Answer

It's possible, and the term for it is "heteropaternal superfecundation." However, it is very, VERY rare in humans. It's more often seen in mammals that produce litters, such as dogs, cats, and mice.

Yes. It is very possible. I am an author and was writing a story where a woman had triplets, two of the children were one males, the last was anothers. I did all kinds of research and even talked to doctors before I wrote it so yes, it is very very rare but it can happen.

It's possible. It does happen sometimes.

Of course it's possible, and has happened. And in situations like you describe, it's more common than natural occurrences. It's becoming more common for a gay couple to combine the sperm, fertilize a set of eggs, and choose a couple for the surrogate. If more than one implants, you certainly have the chance of the babies having separate biological fathers.

• Byrd

Are you really that dumb

The only fictional example I can think of is Haruka Saigusa and Kanata Futaki from visual novel and anime "Little Busters" except that the girls' mother married two men as per the family tradition.