Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 years ago

Why the caused of school shootings now is blamed on bullying, when bullying was always part of school history?

Back before school massacres were a trend, kids have always been bullied in schools. When my dad was injured from a car accident, and had to use crutches. He was beat up all the time growing up in the 1970s. An old guy I knew was picked on during the 1950s/1960s high school years because he was a small guy. One particular bully would always knock his books/homework out of his hands. Eventually one day how d he got back at his school bully was by grabbing a baseball bat, waiting around a corner for a surprise attack. Then he bashed his shins in, causing the bully to fall down hard, then he sat on his chest followed by bashing the bully nose (breaking it.) So my point is that there has always been bratty kids in school. Why now kids feel the need to have to kill everyone?

Favorite Answer

Psychotropic drugs.

• Hannah

Well, school shootings happened back in the day more than you'd think. They still maybe weren't as commonplace as they are now, but they happened. There was a mass shooting at the University of Texas in Austin back in 1966, and if you do a search for a list of school shootings in the United States, you'll find cases of kids bringing guns to school and shooting their classmates and/or teachers dating back to the 1800s. Back in the day, they obviously didn't have the mass media that we do now, so people weren't hearing about shootings all the time.

But that being said, most people who commit shootings are mentally ill, and I do think there has been a rise of mental health issues in kids/teens. Likely because so many more of them are on some kind of medication, and there are a lot more broken families, absent parents etc. than in the past.

I still remember my high school parking lot with teens having gun racks in the back with a rifle or two handing up.

Because liberals are weak cowards and are trying to feminize the whole country so they won't have to be afraid.

• Ivan

Bullies are worse now with pressures in society by liberals for people to all think and be the same.

The problem is that mental health and prescription medication is never brought up.

Also society has changed too much for the worse.

Did you notice pics of kids in the 50s being given rifles in class, and taught how to shoot?

No medication back then autism. In fact mental retards were locked up in the "nut house".

• martin

Bullying was part of school history but kids being bullied didn't buy weapons and kill many people at random.

Because people dont want admit that theyve failed their children or to teach their children

I think bullying is unique to the American culture.

Where did you learn English, kid?