Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 year ago

How do I deal with my employer saying that my Tourette's meltdown isn't professional behavior, & I got fired?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Americans with Disabilities Act applies. AND, you need a job where your occasional meltdown doesn't impact customer relations.

If the employer has no such positions, then you need to be employed elsewhere.

Of course, you can not be placed in a position for which you lack relevant experience and training, nor is it employer's responsibility to provide such experience and training.

so here's what you do -- first, you file for unemployment. second, you ask [now ex-] employer to find you a position where your disability doesn't hamper customer relations that is consistent with the requirements of ADA. Third, if they claim there are none, you find an attorney to sue them while you hunt for a new job.

Source(s): retired manager
  • Neil
    1 year ago

Look for another job. And if you can't control your Tourette's, you may well lose that one.

• ricky
    1 year ago

What a liar

• 1 year ago

Assuming ing that your meltdown was really solely the result of a disability, we then turn to the circumstances. An employer is only required to make reasonable accommodations. What is reasonable depends on all the circumstances that you did not mention,

• Robert
    1 year ago

A note from a doctor and a mention of legal accessibility requirements from a lawyer should get you back in good graces. If you don't have a doctor's diagnosis and you are self diagnosed, just go home. You're done.

• Satan
    1 year ago

Get them done for disability discrimination.

Unless you dont have Tourettes and just like to swear a lot.

• 1 year ago

See a shrink, get some meds.

1 year ago

I got fired? … Then find another job, you don't deal with that employer anymore.