Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 11 months ago

Have people always been offended and argumentative about small things?

Was there ever a time when people weren't petty and easily offended by things?

Update:

I'm talking about all of human history.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Cowboy
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

In cultures with no preference, where everything is not capitalized and inequality is virtually unknown, nobody ever sweats the small stuff. But let the inkling of right and wrong enter, and poof!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Written history says "yes", at least for the past 2500 years or so. Before that, it's only a guess, but archaeological evidence suggests yes.

• P
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

No. Time was when people had little and had to depend on each other. As things improved multiculturalism introduced different beliefs and perspectives. The days of the stiff upper lip were replaced by the days of political correctness and intolerance.

Before that differences had to be sufficiently significant to demand the risk of loss of life on both sides

• Raja
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

From insane to genius, child to old, anybody can do that. It is a natural phenomenon. All creatures including human beings are ruled by spirits. Spirits always take even very small things into consideration and cause sometimes problems. Spirits are the reason for all thoughts, activities and talks too. They always play game with each other. Sometimes even a small error can provoke anger to a spirit and make a person to behave like that. Certain people can control that spirit but rarely there may be any problem even to them.

Spirits are separate elements. A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, intelligence, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Yes, but they lacked the media to broadcast those offences.

• gerald
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

no the media has created this society to sell news we do not like nice there lies the rub we have to rebel he is not my opponent he is Satan but equal in the constitution sort of

• 11 months ago

Thats what happens when people believe they're special snowflakes who can't handle differences of opinion (opinions that aren't harmful, ofc).

Source(s): get over yourself you triggered snowflakes
  • Judith
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

That isn't true of everyone. Some people don't sweat the "small" stuff because they know how to put things into perspective. They've learned to save arguments for the big stuff. For example, they aren't going to get all upset because their teenage daughter dyed her hair purple but will draw the line at her dating some much older guy with too much more experience.

I am not easily offended - never have been and most people I know aren't. My family and friends aren't argumentative with the exception of one sister and we don't deal with her often because of that. If you are around people who are easily offended and argumentative then maybe you need to get new friends.

I am in my early 70s - things which used to bother me when I was a younger woman no longer do. Most things aren't worth getting hot and bothered about. Took me awhile to accept that Trump is the President but I still can't talk politics with Republicans - not worth the effort nor the rise in blood pressure. Usually as people age they come to realize that most things don't matter enough to make waves about.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Being easily triggered is a millennial thing

• paperclip11 months agoReport

baby boomer thing*

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.