promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Wrestling Section: What if Chris Benoit never died?

What would happen if Chris Benoit never killed his wife (Nancy), his son (Daniel), and himself?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Candle
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

He was set to be moved into a veteran role on the ECW brand, and rumored to have gotten the championship if he had shown up the Sunday before his death was discovered. He was definitely on his way back down the card in his final days, as was Eddie Guerrero. His health issues, if present, would've eventually led to his retirement. I don't know if he would've gotten into the HoF immediately. I don't know if they viewed him as important enough to make it. If he were to go in, it would've been down the road and he probably wouldn't have headlined the class, not that any of that matters.

He might've been tapped as a road agent or developmental coach. He'd retire. His son would live, his wife would live, and he would live. That about sums it up.

• Joshua10 months agoReport

maybe, but then again, when an autopsy was ran on him, his heart was half the size of his peck and it was said that he would ve died from a heart failure before or after his birthday

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

In his autopsy it revealed that his heart was enlarged to 3x the normal size.. look it up on Chris Jericho's podcast where he talks to Nancy's sister.

Anyway she basically says that his autopsy showed he would of died within 10 months.

Benoit would of been inducted into the hall of fame that year and WWE would promote the ending of mania 20 where both celebrated winning the world titles as one of the great moments of all time.

It's a shame because had this of happened atleast Benoit's legacy wouldn't of been tarnished.

If you mean what would of happened had Benoit of been perfectly healthy? I think that the ECW brand could of been alot more prestigious.. at the last minute they had to throw the ECW World Title (yes it was viewed as a world title at that point) on a rookie in John Morrison.. Benoit could of given that brand the star power it needed before it was irrelevant.

Would've retired around 2010 and been inducted into the HOF by now, headlining his class.

• 1 year ago

He would probably be one of the greatest toothless wrestlers of all time.

• Geese
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Benoit would've won secondary titles, like the US and Intercontinental Championship. I don't know if he would've been pushed to the main event but, given his hard work ethic in the ring, I could see him winning a World title in a transition role and hold the title for a month before Vince McMahon has him lose to a hot and rising star.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

He would have put on lots of more great matches, before retiring, and working with WWE, behind the scenes. R.I.P., yes, I've forgiven him.

• 1 year ago

Retired and probably working as a WWE coach.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

WE WILL NEVER KNOW

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I think Chris Benoit would probably be semi-retired or a road agent or trainer by now. It's a shame what undiagnosed depression and other factors can do.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

He'd be in the Hall of Fame today. But his brain would be mush from all the flying headbutts.

• Moya
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

He would be working on NXT as a coach

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.