Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 10 months ago

My dad says climate change is not real?

we learned about this in school and when I told my dad about it he asked If climate change is real then why is it cold out? Is it called climate change or global warming and why is it so cold out? I dont think he is right.

Update:

What id wrong with you guys im more confused then ever.

47 Answers

Relevance
  • oikoσ
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Try to explain to him that it is winter in the northern hemisphere and temperatures do drop in winter, as opposed the, say, Australia, where they have suffered through record oppressive heat. If he can understand that, move on to explaining the difference between weather and climate.

• Dirac
      Lv 4
      10 months agoReport

I didn't see your answer at all xu, but after that comment, I wouldn't it expect it to be worth anything.

• He’s probably a democrat or someone that benefits from things that harm the environment (oil rig, nuclear power plants, cars, etc) and they deny it to avoid feeling guilt

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Human caused climate change is exaggerated and lied about. Even if our CO2 raised the temperature by a millionth of a degree, it would still be real. That isn't the issue. The issue is whether it is significant enough to be harmful overall and if any harm is worth the proposed solutions. IMO, it isn't even close. Most of the effects are probably beneficial. Those that suggest otherwise are nearly always from the wacko leftist fringe even though they work hard at convincing themselves and others that they aren't.

• Dirac
      Lv 4
      10 months agoReport

Except that it hasn't raised it by a "millionth of a degree", it is about one million times larger than that.

• 10 months ago

Then your dad is extremely under informed about it. Don't use him as your educational role model, use Richard Feynman and Brian Cox.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Linda
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

He's correct. Planet Earth is billions of years old and goes through changes daily and will continue to do so today and into the future. Therefore, climate changes are part of Planet Earth's daily changes.

• 10 months ago

And let me guess. Naturally your dad knows everything right?

• 10 months agoReport

Yes, he is a art teacher

• 10 months ago

Climate change IS real. The Earth's climate has been constantly changing, back and forth, since the beginning of its existence. Why should it have stopped just now? It's very slow and measured over a long period of time, not by whether we have a snow fall or heat wave this year.

• 10 months ago

Everyone should understand the concept that our climate is a constantly changing system. I think that the issue with most people is believing the changes are either man made or natural. The issue of man made climate change is being manipulated to make the issue about melting ice when the truth is that ice only exists on Earth during ice ages. The truth is likely being withheald to make us believe that glaciers are a normal condition of our Planet. Nobody in climate science is telling you guys that in about 50k years the glaciers will advance across Earth again.

• 10 months ago

Your dad wasn't brainwash as a child. Yes, weather changed, yes we have cooling off periods, and hotter periods.

I love how people bring up Australia - The hottest months in Australia are therefore December, January and February. Also Australia is Mostly desert or semi-arid- Wholly Molly it is a desert.

Global warming was debunk and now they changed the name to Climate change. 11,000 years ago the world was coverage in ICE, yes it has been warming up for the past 10,000. Is it do to the fact that we are all going to die in 12 years no.

There have been proving fact from NASA that they can not calculate the amount of snow, or ice in Antarctica because there is an increase of ice and snow.

Is this man made no, is it do to the fact that it is a scared tacit yes.

• Dirac
      Lv 4
      10 months agoReport

...dramatically, and most alpine glaciers are in retreat.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

he probably was not taught about it in school all those years ago

• Climate Realist
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Probably not.

But, he was probably taught enough about physics that if he still recalled what he learned, he could have figured out for himself that adding carbon dioxide to the atmosphere causes warming.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.