Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCruise Travel · 1 year ago

Going on cruise to Florida and Bahamas. Can I use a fake id in the Bahamas?

I’m young and dumb. And I want to get a fake id but don’t want to waste my money if it’s not going to work. I look around 20 just depends on how I dress or put some makeup on. But even if I did get caught I’m under way under 18 so I don’t think anything could happen. And as long as I say my mom didn’t know anything about it right? I know some of y’all are like omg alcohol is so bad but look alike or two drinks isn’t gonna kill me. I mean i could always just ask my mom to get me the drinks. But what’s the fun in that? So can I use a US state fake id in the Bahamas?

• Linda
    1 year ago

You MUST have a valid ID to even get on a cruise ship.

• You really mean young and stupid don't you? Even dumb people know how stupid that would be!

• 1 year ago

Not a smart idea. Actually, downright stupid

• 1 year ago

I wouldn't use a fake ID, I'd just try to get served. The more remote the bar, the better your chances. Getting served in a higher end resort that caters to Americans probably won't work.

In general, the islands tend to be a lot more lax about carding and serving. My kid got jagermeister shots in St. Kitts when he was 16.

• OC1999
    1 year ago

Sure you COULD use a Fake ID, and the bar owner COULD contact the authorities and have you arrested under the laws of a Foreign Country.

You may also find that some bar owners could care less and serve you alcohol and you could get too drunk to even know what is going on. Where before you know it the ship has left without you(and your parents presumably figuring they would be looking for you). A worst case would be that someone sees you drunk and decides to take advantage of the situation(and you) where you find yourself in a situation that you do not want to be in and will affect the rest of your life.

• 1 year ago

Bar owners don't like making illegal sales because they can lose their license.

• 1 year ago

people in the bahamas arent too serious about giving minors alc

fake id is a bad idea