Where the praetorian guard around during the Medieval times?

I'm asking due to trying to work at a Renaissance festival and have to wear time accurate armor be in viking or warrior

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Tina
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Can I suggest you stop asking questions about the Praetoiran Guard which no longer existed by the Renaissance (come to that there weren't many Vikings about either) and look up images of Renaissance armour. And ask the organisers what they mean 'by accurate armour as a Viking or a warrior' because it doesn't seem to have much relevance to the Renaissance.

• Tim D
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

No.

The Varangians existed as a foreign mercenary force to protect Byzantine Emperors.

But they would have no place in a Renaissance Festival.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

No only in classical Rome.

• larry1
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

The Varangian Guard is what you are thinking of for the Middle Ages. The Praetorian Guard was ancient Roman, the personal troops/ body guards of the emperor (gone about 400AD). The Varangian Guard were handpicked Viking/ Norsemen, the personal troops and body guards of the Byzantine emperors (900AD-1400AD).

Please Google....'Varangian guard images'....to see.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

They are nonexistent. Praetorian Guard was disbanded nearly 200 years before the Medieval Period even began.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I don't know. I wasn't around back then to be able to give you an accurate answer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.