Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 years ago

How many lies does Sagebrush tell about climate scientist James Hansen in his current question?

In his current question about the definition of a climate scientist, Sagebrush gives a couple updates about James Hansen that are almost entirely fictional. I count 4 lies about Hansen, is that what other people get? It's probably easier to count the things he says that are true--Hansen did go to Iowa. That's about it.

Some of the lies of Sagebrush: "He got his teeth in climate while programing climate models for H. H. Lamb" but Hansen never programmed climate models for Lamb. "He programmed them and the answers all came out proving zan impending ICE AGE" Hansen has never said there would be an impending ice age. "He also has been caught corrupting vital data which can never be recovered." Nope he didn't corrupt data and all the data he used is still available.

Another lie from Sagebrush: "He went to Iowa and wasn't good enough to get into Van Allen's class" The Iowa part was correct, but the part about not being good enough is a lie--he graduated with highest honors from Iowa, and passed the Ph.D. qualifying exam as an undergraduate.

Favorite Answer

The original aim of those that created denial was to draw in many groups who already had existing hatred, hence the various conspiracies aimed at those that hate, the left, communists, greens, Al Gore, various billionaires, or scientists. The core of that is pretty easy to see as the various conspiracy theories often conflict with each other, but deneirs just ignore that, some deniers are in fact trolls who have from time to time peddled many of the various conspiracies.

One lie aimed at Al Gore, is about a claimed “beach front house” there is an actual house but it’s easy to find and it’s kilometres from the sea and and hundreds of feet above sea level.

The claims about Hansen follow a similar line, the reality is Hansen’s work was just one part of a large volume of research, from many scientists, work that was followed and built on by many more scientists. Ask deneirs for the sources of their various claims and you get insults, rants about communists and links to blogs, but no real evidence. Hansen actually retired a few years ago and other scientists have continued that work. Denial seemed to run out of steam a few years ago probably linked to groups like the oil industry dropping their funding, the decline in this has seen public opinion in the U.S. shifting, polls, now show the majority of Americans now think climate change is happening.

Hansen is an embarrassment. He lets his politics get in the way of his science and his politics are wacko leftist. This is a man that doesn't mind comparing the Holocaust death trains with coal burning to slight warming. What is it about wacko leftists that they feel they need to come to the rescue of other wacko leftists, particularly those that deny their wackoism, e.g. James, Pegminer, Dirac, Jim, Shlush, CR, etc.

I've never seen him write a lie

• Al P

Re: His Update2:

Apparently, his brain is not wired for logical thinking. Let me help him using the AND operator;

proof exists if conditions A and B and C and D and E are true.

Proof 1:

A = 97%

B = All Scientists In The World

C = Remain logically consistent

D = CAGW

E = Elephants can fly on the planet Mars

P = A and B and C and D and E = False

Conditions A,B, and D are impossible. I'll let him ponder E.

He posted the claim and then tried to weasel out of owning it in a comment box. Let's call him the FINDER of simple minded claims.

My Proof 2:

A = a < 90% < b

B = Relevant scientists

C = Remain logically consistent

D = EAGW

P = A and B and C and D ≈ True

Translation:

A large percentage of scientists who understand the history, data, and physics involved accept the FACT that humans are causing this planet to warm excessively.

He should get off the horse, put down his latest best selling book on propaganda, and attempt to read a physics book before his brain turns into a raisin. I've read much of his history..

Given the foregoing, I'm discounting his credibility on Hansen to 0%, and he has not accepted your challenge for him to produce, never mind explain, the equations of motion regarding Grad temperature to Grad vertical wind shear as well as the name of anticyclones aloft.

He lies so frequently, that whenever he post anything, I immediately assume the opposite is true. when I am not familiar with his latest I do a search and try to remove his and my own bias (sagebrush = lies) when I search.

I wouldn't worry about his lies, it is just funny to see how many people respond to them. JimZ has never corrected Sagebrush on his young earth creationism for example. Something in the spirit of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" (they both see any one who is not far right wing as the enemy)

And something else about Sagebrush. like Trump, Sagebrush goes out of his way to insult people. For example he calls you "Diarrhea" instead of your chosen site name, "Dirac".

To show why he does that, here is another quote by Sagebrush: "When you can't impress them with brilliance, dazzle them with BS. (Bad Science for you Y!A censors.). And then when that doesn't happen insults and harassment almost always works."

Like Trump he accuses the other side of what he is doing himself, something Freud apparently called "projecting".

If you want to understand more about him, he follows "Rules for Radical Conservatives"

P.S. in response to another question of yours, I don't care for BA, please award them to some one else.

• sam

he's a nutcase (sagebrush, not Dr. hansen)

Sagebrush lies all the time, and not just about James Hansen.

Don't forget, Sagebrush's hero is Joseph Goebbels.

Edit;

I see that Sagebrush once again posted the idiot video of a graph taped to a see-saw. Such a video says nothing about James Hansen. But it does show that whoever posted it is a DIRTY LIAR! And, to my own question about temperature adjustments, Sagebrush replied, "We don't need any evidence."

Where as before it was socially acceptable to tell at least 1 lie per paragraph, the Trump effect has meant that you can now tell a lie every 3rd word

• JimZ