What is there to do in Washington, DC?

I plan on traveling to Washington D.C. next month. I'm not renting a car so I need to know what are some good places to visit and what are some good things to do?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

go to six flags and walmart

• There are numerous museums in DC, many of them free. And it's a good thing you won't have a car, as parking is hard to find, especially near the National Mall area, and there is public transit. There are also a number of walking tours (often pay what you can) and bus tours (which aren't terribly expensive).

• 9 months ago

Washington is full of museums.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You don't need a car - the subway system is very easy to use and gets you just about everywhere you'd want to go.

There is so much to see and do in Washington, and a lot of it is free. You can tour the Capitol building (free), visit all of the Smithsonian museums (free), visit the National Zoo (free), visit the monuments (free). There are certainly paid tours that you can also take - there are bus tours of the monuments, for example. It's worth it to visit Arlington Cemetery and the Georegetown area is also neat to walk around and explore (lots of good local places to eat there too). There are plenty of others museums and sights as well - Newseum, Holocaust Museum, Spy Museum, White House, etc.

• 10 months ago

D.C. actually has pretty good public transportation. Check out the subway. You'll want to spend a lot of time around the Mall- There are several memorials there and the fabulous Smithsonian. Go to the Air and Space Museum.

• 10 months ago

nnaybe you can go visit trunnp

• Henry
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

There is everything they got the smithsonian the mall the washington monument the capitol the white house the graveyard in Alexandria, VA, the pentagon the cia, the fbi, the treasury, the pool, the lincoln memorial, the metro, the l'enfant art museum, etc.

• Blonde
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Georgetown has fabulous restaurants. There are tour rides you can take that explain everything and you can check out the historical stuff. I recommend you call a tour guide business in Washington DC.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.