Do I need to go to the DMV for the sticker in back of my car?

I’ve been driving on my own since May of last year. I got my Drivers license November of 2017. It took a long time for my parents to allow me to drive on my own. People kept asking me if I gotten a car. For months I had to say “no” because my parents refused to allow me to drive on my own. Some how I was able to... show more I’ve been driving on my own since May of last year. I got my Drivers license November of 2017. It took a long time for my parents to allow me to drive on my own. People kept asking me if I gotten a car. For months I had to say “no” because my parents refused to allow me to drive on my own. Some how I was able to drive by myself without them in the car. I have a sticker on the back of my car that has the expiration date which is this year. How can I get a new sticker in the back of my car so I won’t get a ticket? 1 person told me I have to pay at a DMV. My boyfriend told me something about a smog and to go to a Smog shop. I’m confused. This is my very 1st time doing this.