Contactless card or oyster card?

will be traveling in Europe soon and will be traveling in Germany UK and some of the other nations. Will take taxi bus train and pay for foods and hotels For UK, Oystercards seems the best choice. I have downloaded the oyster card app now it is asking me to either add an oyster card or an contactless card. If I... show more will be traveling in Europe soon and will be traveling in Germany UK and some of the other nations.

Will take taxi bus train and pay for foods and hotels

For UK, Oystercards seems the best choice.

I have downloaded the oyster card app now it is asking me to either add an oyster card or an contactless card.
If I am traveling through these nations and will do these things described above, will adding the contactless card be enough or will be adding both cards be enough?
Adding both is ok? If traveling in UK, with this app turned on, when scanning my phone, the consumption by which card will be done?