My boyfriend is very mean to my dog, what should I do?

Me and my boyfriend have recently moved in together , i have a 120 pound Rottweiler, that he loved until we started to live together. He yells at him for no reason, calls him a dumb *** , an asshole, always yanks his leash super hard and complains when he has to be taken out to uses the bathroom (he only takes him... show more Me and my boyfriend have recently moved in together , i have a 120 pound Rottweiler, that he loved until we started to live together. He yells at him for no reason, calls him a dumb *** , an asshole, always yanks his leash super hard and complains when he has to be taken out to uses the bathroom (he only takes him out in the morning before he goes to work , and I take care of the other times because he is my dog) my rott is a big dog but he acts absolutely terrified of my boyfriend, he swears he never hits him, but I don’t believe it. We’ve gotten in many arguments about how he treats him and when I confront him he’s like “you don’t understand how annoying he!!” One time he took him out to go potty and I literally could hear him yelling at him from upstairs saying “go to the ******* bathroom !! You are so ******* stupid” and it just went on and on and my dog come back inside scared and shaking. I asked my boyfriend why he was yelling at him and calling him stupid , and he said because my dog accidentally peed on his own foot...my dog is so scared of him that he pees himself ...But my dog is the sweetest Most well behaved dog I have ever owned . Today was the last straw, my dog also has chronic ear infections (that he is taking medication for ) so he’s constantly shaking his head because his ears hurt and my boyfriend locked him out on the balcony while I was at work because he said “he wouldnt stop shaking his head and it’s annoying “ it’s 29 degrees outside!
190 answers 190