Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 months ago

What are your Best /Most Often Used Cooking Tips? My 2 Favorite tips are 1) Saute raw rice until a light golden brown, then add seasoned?

water and boil. Yumm..

And 2) Instead of having to turn over over-easy eggs, (with the chance that the yolks will break and not be juicy). I just put a clear glass lid on the pan, until the eggs are cooked on top, but still juicy. The steam does this.

What are your Favorites?

Favorite Answer

your eggs are called basted..not easy over. Easy over eggs are flipped gently.

I also saute my rice a bit with finely minced onion, celery and garlic.

My favorite tip is read the recipe, gather the ingredients and then read it again.

• ckngbbbls

you are right, sunny side up with the eyes closed.

LOL...

You know why an over easy egg is called over easy? BECAUSE IT'S BEEN FLIPPED. That's the "over" part. If you place a lid on the pan and don't flip the egg, you have not cooked an "over easy" egg.. You've cooked the egg "sunny side up"...

My favorite tip is to always use salted butter. Even when the recipe calls for unsalted butter, I use salted.

Best cooking tips..

Read the recipe completely before starting and make sure you understand the directions.

Make sure you have all the ingredients and equipment before you start,

Prep all your ingredients

Clean as you go.

• Amy

Sometimes when you put a lid over a pan leave about an inch gap on one side. It keeps the heat in the pan without allowing steam to build up and get the food watery.

Get a 10-12" cast iron skillet. I just got one a couple of years ago and I don't know how I lived without it. It's the best for searing a delicious piece of beef, pork and chicken cooks well in it also. but that's not all, I use it for abso everything! Just be sure to care for it properly and it will care for your food

• Deane

My favorite tip is one I learned from The Cake Mix Doctor and it is to get a diet scale and to weigh the cake pans on the scale before you put it in the oven. That way you will know that both pans have the same amount of batter in each pan.

Don't burn the **** out of everything. I know too many people who just put it on high and watch as the room smokes up like they don't know this is odd.

Sooner or later someone is going to repeat my phrase "remember, you are meat." While vegans can go s a d, it's important to know meat was once alive and doing stuff. It responds almost as living tissue would. A cook has to have the same soul as a surgeon or musician because their media is alive(ish).

When I talk about heat, I compare heat to dying in a fire, tense up my shoulders and run around screaming because that is what is happening to your food. A gentle heat is like relaxing in a sauna, as your meat does. And you've got to know how to control the 2.

Favourite tip- "don't mess with Mrs. Gubbins when she's cooking.