I know that Arkansas gets pretty hot and humid in summer, but does it get that cold in winter?

I was thinking of Arkansas as a place to live in the future. I have heard that Arkansas is one of the cheapest states to live in and has beautiful scenery. I've heard that Arkansas doesn't get that much snow.

Favorite Answer

You can look up stuff like that online. 'arkansas weather' or 'arkansas climate' will bring you multiple websites showing what happens at different times of year. I mean, it's winter right now. all you have to do is go to a weather website and put in the name of a place in Arkansas and you'll know what it's like today. Or tomorrow. Or next month, if you do the same thing then.

• Rajiv11 months agoReport

So, I would say that for a state that far South, it gets kinda chilly, but I wouldn't say it's brutally cold, as their highs are in the 50's and 60's usually. For a person from Wisconsin, the Arkansas winters would be paradise and shorts weather, while for a person from Hawaii, they would be cold.

I live in northeast Arkansas and we get a few inches of snow in the winter. Mostly ice. It can feel like below zero sometimes but not often. I lived in northwest Arkansas for 9 years and we would get more snow, probably about 5 inches at one time but that was once a year. Right now I’m traveling home from Bentonville and it’s 61 outside. I haven’t been farther south than Little Rock so that’s all I know.

in the winter it will be 60 degrees one day and the 30 the next, its very unpredictable.

• Rajiv11 months agoReport

Oh ok. That's what I thought.

I have heard that Arkansas is one of the cheapest states to live in and has beautiful scenery.

I drove thru Ark years ago (on my way to somewhere else). I was also struck by the beauty of the state.