How do I transfer from a 12+16 ssd to a PC ?

First of all, forgive my ignorance, It’s possible that my mistakes and decisions might shock you. I am but a simple man trying to take matters into his own hands. Recently My girlfriend’s macbook air passed away, well the motherboard did. The SSD survived but retrieving the content turns out to be quite expensive... show more First of all, forgive my ignorance, It’s possible that my mistakes and decisions might shock you. I am but a simple man trying to take matters into his own hands.

Recently My girlfriend’s macbook air passed away, well the motherboard did. The SSD survived but retrieving the content turns out to be quite expensive (at least where I come from it’s about 150 $).

So I told my girlfriend that I would handle it as I imagined the process to be perfectly manageable and thought it to be a good occasion to prove my worth (turned out to be peanuts).

I was terribly wrong, I have no Idea of what I’m doing and need some help.

Here is what I’m dealing with:

A PCIe 12+16 Pin SSD

I bought this M2 adapter https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0173ODBCE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
and a SATA to usb.3 cable on Amazon.

The SSD fits into the adapter but I seem to be missing something to fit the adapter to the SATA thingy. What it is I do not know, I've tried to look it up and have only managed to get more and more confused with the tech vocabulary,

Now, i know that you can buy enclosures for the ssd drive that you just connect to your pc and voila, but they seem to be quite expensive (around 80$) and i’m just looking to extract the content and don't plan to keep it as a permanent drive.

If anyone can help it would be great.

Sincerely, some stranger on the internet.