Madame Bovary questions?

-In Part I, Chapter 8, Flaubert first describes the old duke, then gives Emma’s point of view about the elderly aristocrat. How does the narrator’s attitude toward the duke differ from Emma’s? What is another passage in the novel where we can see a distinct irony in the contrast between the narrator’s point of... show more -In Part I, Chapter 8, Flaubert first describes the old duke, then gives Emma’s point of view about the elderly aristocrat. How does the narrator’s attitude toward the duke differ from Emma’s? What is another passage in the novel where we can see a distinct irony in the contrast between the narrator’s point of view and Emma’s point of view?
-On the first page of Madame Bovary, Flaubert introduces a technique he will use throughout the novel, synecdoche. This technique, also known as “the part for the whole,” uses one aspect of a character to represent the complex whole of the person. Flaubert introduces Charles Bovary as a schoolboy, and includes a detailed description of his cap. How do the peculiarities of the cap represent the oddities of Charles’s personality as we come to know him later? Give three short quotations that can be read as symbolic of Charles.
Update: You don't have to write a whole response out for me, lol, just pointing me in the right direction would help. Should've clarified that!