Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Do you support H.R. 899 to abolish the Federal Department of Education?

There is zero constitutional authority for federal involvement in education. Representative Thomas Massie has introduced H.R. 899 to abolish the agency. It currently has 12 co-sponsors. If you see your rep on the list, please edit the letter below to thank him or her, while asking your Senators to introduce the bill in their chamber. If your rep is not yet a sponsor, please ask them to become one.

Cosponsors… Rep. Amash, Justin [R-MI-3]

Rep. Biggs, Andy [R-AZ-5]

Rep. Duncan, Jeff [R-SC-3]

Rep. Gaetz, Matt [R-FL-1]

Rep. Gohmert, Louie [R-TX-1] Rep. Gosar, Paul A. [R-AZ-4]

Rep. Hice, Jody B. [R-GA-10]

Rep. Jones, Walter B., Jr. [R-NC-3]

Rep. Roy, Chip [R-TX-21]

Rep. Weber, Randy K., Sr. [R-TX-14]

• mickey
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

yes

• Jas B
    1 year ago

Fortunately with a Democratic Majority in the House, this Bill will never pass.

1 year ago

There is no need for a separate Department of Education. It used to be part of the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare. It does not matter if education policy is handled by an administration/bureau or a full fledged department at the Cabinet level. It was an attempt for politicians to appear as pro-education. If I were in charge, I'd reduce Cabinet departments and streamline federal agencies. Like there was no real reason other than vote seeking for changing the VA into the Department of Veterans Affairs. HEW was eventually split into Health and Human Services and Education. No great federal policies have come out of the Department of Education, so folding it into HHS or HUD would not really make a difference.

1 year ago

NO, and thanks, you saved me some time. My rep is not on the list. Of course, if she was, I would have to write her a letter in protest, but the chances of that are almost zero. She has a (D) after her name, and all of those 12 have (R)s after theirs.

You see, we do not think of education as Marxist indoctrination, we see it as expanding a persons knowledge.

• 1 year ago

It's a Republican bill. Republicans have proven they know nothing about education. Look at the failed red states. Look at Kansas. They finally got wise and elected a Democrat to fix the Republican inflicted damage.

• 1 year ago

No Americans are stupid enough, notice the people are ALL republicans

• 1 year ago

No, I don't support this. I think all schools need to be streamlined. If it is the government that requires schooling, and these are government schools, they need to be the same everywhere. They should all have high standards and give a high quality education to all students no matter if they are in a dying rural town, an inner city, or a wealthy suburb. The best way for the schools to provide quality education for all is to have the federal government completely take over. And the schools should not be supported with local property taxes. Our school system is classist and racist.

1 year ago

NO

--Teacher

Main thing it does---

Force Southern States to provide funding to help Special Ed kids

1 year ago

No, glad to see my Rep not on the list. :)

1 year ago

Yes. This would stop Marxist indoctrination in its tracks.