What to expect from HRT.?

What changes can I expect to go through as a teen boy taking hormone pills trying to transition to female

I have not yet started I am just wondering in case I do want to in the future

Favorite Answer

"What changes can I expect to go through as a teen boy taking hormone pills trying to transition to female"

First, you are not a teen boy, you are a trans girl.

Next, are you seeing a gender therapist? They should be talking to you about this.

Next, are you seeing an endocrinologist? Again, they should be answering your questions.

Next, do you have a legitimate prescription for HRT or are you just buying things will-nilly online? I hope it's the former and not the latter. Without a doctor, lab work and a real prescription you will have no idea what to take or what amounts.

All that said:

What will hormones do?

First, the following acronym applies:

YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)

Hormones cause many changes.

Physically:

Some softening of facial features.

Fat redistribution to a more female pattern (hips, butt)

Breast development

Loss of some upper body strength

Drier, smoother skin

Decrease is amount and thickness of body hair.

Better hair on head.

Some shrinkage in the genitals.

Mentally:

Change in sexual response.

Subtle change in all the senses.

Increased emotional lability.

What they won't do:

They cannot eliminate facial hair. If you have or develop facial hair it will have to be eliminated with facial electrolysis and/or laser.

They can't change your bone structure. Many people will claim they got bigger hips, but that not from bone changes, it's simply deposition of body fat.

They can't change a male-type voice. Once you've been through a male-type puberty you will have to retrain your voice to be female. It takes a lot of work, but it can be done.

Some people think estrogen will give them a female waist. Hormones won't make you skinnier all by themselves. In fact estrogen usually makes it easier to gain weight. You will have to watch what you eat and exercise like all other women.

.

Source(s): me-woman who was born transsexual (post-op)
  • reme_1

Please talk to your doctor and the trans support group.

Very sensitive nipples for a few years, starting in about a month. You should have went over all the effects and side effects with your prescriber prior to starting HRT. You should have been prescribed an androgen suppressor at the same time. Both are important.

Google exists.

• Rick B

You can expect to be very screwed up. Don't do it.