I have Haemophilus influenzae?

More than a week ago I started having upper repository tract symptoms such as sore throat and than a cough that lasted a few days. My boyfriends little cousin was coughing and I was hanging out with her and I assumed thats where I picked it up. After a Nasal Lab test it came out positive for Haemophilis influenza... show more More than a week ago I started having upper repository tract symptoms such as sore throat and than a cough that lasted a few days. My boyfriends little cousin was coughing and I was hanging out with her and I assumed thats where I picked it up. After a Nasal Lab test it came out positive for Haemophilis influenza but neither the doctors or lab could confirm if it was HIB or the b strain that is dangerous. Since my respiratory symptoms have been gone for over a week now my doctors assure me I don't need an antibiotic but if I'm carrying a bacteria isn't that dangerous for my health? I've read this bacteria can cause meningitis and invasive blood disorders. I'm sure i was vaccinated as a baby but I'm 21 now. I'm not sure why doctors are so non chalant about this. IT IS A BACTERIA and it CAN cause problems. Like am I supposed to wait until something horrible happens. I't doesn't help that suddenly a couple days ago I started getting diaherra and now burning in my stomach and nausea and stomach pains and I went from already thin to very thin. Could be food poisoning or I could be slowly dying from bacteremia( blood poisoning)does any one know more about this disease? I don't want to wake up with meningitis suddenly or get blood poisoning
1 answer 1