Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 10 months ago

Seniors, which do you prefer, the light summer evenings or the winter months when it is dark by about 4 p.m. (in U.K. anyway)?

I hate the darkness coming early and am so glad that it is now staying light a little longer. Once we change our clocks next month I will be really happy.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Really i dont give a damn what the weather throws at me cos i still lIve outside with my dogs Ewes and Lambs here In Germany where it is far far colder than the U.k.

Attachment image
    Source(s): oldtimer Shepherd
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Jeremy
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

I dislike having to go out in the dark. When it's a must do thing I do it but take a very bright torch for safety. In a few more weeks time we will have longer days and light evenings. That is the time of year I enjoy the most.

• 10 months ago

There are some downsides to Summer, but overall I MUCH prefer it to Winter. It seems the older I get the more I dread and hate Winter. I can fully understand why many older people retire to warmer climates. I would do the same but I simply cannot afford it and there are too many people around here that I would hate to leave. At least our Winter's here in the mid South are typically not TOO long or difficult. I don't particularly care for daylight savings time. I wish they would leave the time alone. Summer days are plenty long enough naturally without adding an artificially created hour to the end of it. If they are going to do anything, daylight savings time should be in Winter so the day would not be getting dark so early in the afternoon.

• A C
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

I like all the seasons but spring and fall are the best. The extra daylight in summer is nice but the heat and humidity are a bummer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Light Summer Evenings. I hate Winter!

• 10 months ago

I like the dark evenings best. Work is done for the day and I can relax. In the light evenings there are still jobs to do, such as cutting the lawn, my unfavourite job.

• 10 months ago

no! the winter and the darkness is better i hate the summer months.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I'm much happier and feel safer when it comes dark much later in the evening. I don't go out after dark unless I absolutely have to do so as I suffer from a problem called 'Night Blindness' which means I have great difficulty seeing with only dim light. My eyes don't adjust as easily as they should when going from well lit to darkness. I don't have need to go out after dark usually but when something happens and I must I am very nervous, have to take a large very bright torch and am keen to get back home.

• 10 months ago

Love summer and the light. Winter months my energy level is low. The first signs of spring, longer days of light and summer reinvigorates me.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

summer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.