Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Why do some atheists say if God proves himself they will believe him when he is against other people’s lifestyles?

Even if God is proven to exist I will never believe in him. I will forever oppose him! 🔥🔥🔥

Favorite Answer

Your jargon is all over the place.

As an atheist I will believe a god critter exists as soon as he convinces me he exists

But I would never worship anything that could stand by an watch children molested and invent malaria and the insect that delivers it.

~

• Bob

That is certainly your choice. So you are not an atheist, you are anti-God.

You seem to misunderstand - atheists saying they will believe in a god if that god shows itself does not mean they will follow a god's teachings. It simply means that they will believe the god exists. I know that Donald Trump exists - I believe in his existence - this does not mean I agree with, support or otherwise follow him.

Believing God is the same as seeking God because God is worth seeking. We cannot honestly seek something that we don't assume as being real.

Well, that is real brave of you while you're nice and comfy sipping beer and lounging around in a heat conditioned environment. But once you actually wake up staring 7 or 8 ugly @ss demons in the face it will be a whole new story.

You sound like the typical atheist. Even in the face of undeniable evidence, you'll still deny God's existence. Nothing new here.

The problem is not about what a god or gods is against, the real problem is that here is no evidence that remotely suggest that anything like a god exists.

When there is objectively verifiable evidence that suggests that a god or gods might exist, then we'll talk about what that god(s) might want.

I have never heard anyone say that. Do you have any references?

Except you would, by definition. Opposition does not equal disbelief. Although you are, of course, hella trolling.

Anyway, like Davros rightfully pointed out, there's no guarantee that it would be the Christian god. But you do make an important point, in that if that one, in specific, turned out to be real? And the Bible turned out to be literally true? I would forever be fighting against it, too. Mainly because I'd have an ENORMOUS issue with the whole "eternal torment in hell" thing, and it sending perfectly good people there merely for refusing to kiss its @ss! So yeah.. We could be rebels, together.

I too am, in fact, pretty turned off by it when SOME atheists say they would worship the Biblical god, if it turned out to be real in that particular way. Methinks they need a morality upgrade. :S Although.. I understand worshipping it out of fear, to an extent. But the thing is, though? It would not have worked out, anyway. If said god was omniscient, it stil would have known the full extent of your true feelings about it! Which it was supposed to be, the last time I checked.

• Ko

Away from God is away from that peace, joy and freedom.

Atheists are silly