What the hell made me become a Rock and Metal fan from previously being a hip hop and R&B fan?

It was about 2 years ago when I was 18. I've had a friend on my School Bus and we would share the playlist we would have on our ipods. Long story He like my playlist. I have Jason Derulo, Trey Songz, Jay Z, Dr, Dre, Rick Ross, and 50 Cent, The Weekend, 2 Pac, J. Cole , Wiz Khalifa and Usher.

Now I checkout his playlist and it was nothing but rock music. He got me into Alternative, Hard Rock, and Metal, and punk Rock. Ever since then I started checking out each pure rock genre and now I'm a full time rock fan. What's funny is that now I don't regret it at all of going back to the old music I listen to. Mind you I've actually deleted most of the artist I've listed that was on my playlist in my ipod and actually replaced it with Rock music.

The funniest thing is now I don't even care for Hip Hop and R&B anymore. Isn't that strange ?

To be honest when I was younger I said and even criticize and say "Oh that music makes too much noise" and joke "That's white people's music." But now I can't say ****. I'll take that back !

Rock is my new music now and I love rock music than any other genre too ! Hell even on my radio dial I changed from Power 105.1 to 89.5 WSOU and 107.1 The Peak.

But now I'm into : Metallica, Vampire Weekend, Anthrax, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, System Of A Down, The Police, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton and Sonic Youth.

I have no problem with it at all. I just like rock music now. Also I'm into hardcore type of Rock music too with is funny !

But really isn't it funny I use to love Hip Hop and R&B music and now I'm a full time Rock fan ?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Your tastes in music changed. It will probably change again. Nothing wrong with liking metal and rock. Just like there is nothing wrong with liking R&B and hip hop.

• Kenneth1 year agoReport

It's funny you said something similar to what my mother told me. Your taste in music does and can change and both of you are so right ! To tell and show you the truth
      I'm 100 % excited for Tool's new album and 0 % for the rapper The Game's new album
      Yeah that's how much I love rock now !

• WUWR
    1 year ago

People evolve. Particularly in their younger years. It's a good thing. I do get it though that you can look back at some of your old tastes or opinions or what not and it's pretty surreal to see just how much you can change. I certainly look back on who I was at various different points in my life and trip out on it. I think it's a pretty cool thing about life.

• 1 year ago

Because rock music is better. Duh.

• Kenneth1 year agoReport

LMAO
      True that. Hip Hop sucks now and even these Today R&B singers can't even sing so Rock is the best genre !

• Some songs I loved years ago and paid $10 for a CD single..I'm now like...WTF I want a refund 😂😂😂

• 1 year ago

I don't know why, but sometimes tastes just change. I'm a metal girl myself.

• Kenneth1 year agoReport

Wow man and to think of it now he is a famous rock star from Metallica.
      Far as music especially far as the rock genre this is history !
      This is history for Rock !

Man that is awesome !